Cookies are nothing new. All web site visitors have many cookies from different websites on their computers, tablets, and mobile phones. It is new only that with the new legislation (ZEKom-1) there are changes in the information and consenting to visitors using them.
What are cookies? They are small text files that most websites store on devices of users who access the Internet in order to identify the individual devices that users have used in accessing. Their storage is under the complete control of the user’s browser – this can be used to restrict or disable cookie storage. Cookies are not harmful and are always time-limited.
Why are cookies needed? They are fundamental to providing user-friendly online services. The interaction between the web user and the site is faster and easier with the help of cookies. With their help, the site remembers the individual’s preferences and experiences, thus saving time and making browsing more efficient and friendly.
You can read more below – Or click here
Some specific examples of using cookies:
• for a better user experience on the website, we adjust the views of visitors according to past visits.
• to save choices when creating a shortlist of devices and offers and comparing them
• to keep you logged in on sections of websites where registration is required
• to identify your device (computer, tablet, mobile) that allows you to adjust the display of content to your device
• to monitor the visit, which allows you to check the effectiveness of content display and ad relevance, and constantly improve web pages
• they are necessary for the operation of certain services (e.g. online banks, online shops and other forms of e-commerce …)
• You decide to allow the storage of cookies on your device. You can control and modify cookie settings in your web browser.
• For information on cookie settings, select the web browser you are using